Arthritis is a disease condition that affects the joints mainly causing inflammation that eventually results in pain and swelling. At advanced stages, arthritis can lead to disability, which points out to the great need to adopt measures that help tone down the signs and symptoms of arthritis. Apparently, an arthritis diet plan has been the most effective way of fighting arthritis since it has no cure, and the use of drugs often yields undesirable side effects when used over an extended period.
Major Types Of Arthritis
Before learning the types of foods you should eat, it is worth understanding the type of arthritis you are suffering from. At a glance, there are five types of arthritis namely:
• Osteoarthritis: This is a type of arthritis that results from breakdown of cartilages at the joints to an extent that the bones come into contact and glide against each other. Joints will hurt during and after movements. Symptoms: Such as bone grating sensation, less flexibility, stiffness, tenderness, loss of cartilage, cartilage wears down after time.
• Rheumatoid Arthritis: This is a type of arthritis that started by autoimmune response from the body’s immune system. Because of its autoimmune condition, normally the immune system attacks bacteria and viruses. In this situation with an autoimmune condition it does just the opposite.
• Gouty Arthritis: A type of arthritis that results from accumulation of uric acid at the joints. Gout can start because of oversupply of uric acids and the kidneys are unable to remove any excessive amount.
• Psoriatic Arthritis: A type of arthritis is also related with psoriasis, a certain type of skin inflammation. Symptoms such as red patches on the skin, scaly, itchy, also can affect the nails. Either one can start first. There are most of the time some changes visible on the skin at the gradual start of arthritis.
• Juvenile Arthritis: Commonly associated with different ages as young as 6-12 months to an average of 16 years. This is often associated with autoimmune response due to interaction of genes and foods, toxins, or allergic reactions. It is not a disease in itself. In some cases this can go into remission as they grow older.
Of all these types of arthritis, inflammation is the main manifestation of the disease and causes intense pain, swelling and reddening at the joints. Adoption of an arthritis diet plan becomes quite vital.
Types Of Foods To Include
In this diet plan some of the foods that you should include in your arthritis diet plan:
Foods with omega 3 fatty acids:
Omega 3 fatty acids impose an anti inflammatory effect in the body through interaction with various types of bio-molecules in the body, which significantly reduces inflammation at the joints. Various fish varieties are rich in omega 3 fatty acids including salmon, sardines, mackerel, herring, and krill oil. Other sources of omega 3 include walnuts, soybeans, chia seeds, and flax-seeds.
Whole grain foods, such as barley, whole wheat, brown rice and oats decrease the amount of C-reactive protein (CRP) in circulation, which is one of the key inflammatory response markers.
Bright coloured fruits and vegetables; most of the brightly coloured fruits contain flavonoids and carotenoids, these are known for their antioxidants capabilities. They help tone down inflammation and thus such fruits should always be part of an arthritis diet plan. Some of these fruits include tomatoes, blackberries, strawberries, watermelon, oranges, and carrots as well as others.
Pure cold pressed olive oil has a high level of monounsaturated acids and oleocanthal, both of which help reduce the amount of inflammatory enzymes in circulations. Use olive oil as much as possible; it is a good supply of omega 3 which has many other health benefits. This eventually tones down inflammation, lubricates the joints and best be used by anyone suffering from arthritis.
Green tea and coffee:
When looking for drinks to include in your arthritis diet plan, green tea and coffee drinks are the top two drinks that have eminent antioxidant components that also impose an anti inflammatory effect in the body. Don’t spoil the valuable coffee with milk or sugar. Also what is important to avoid at all cost are soft drinks, all sodas, sugary drinks, as well as all fruit juices of the shelves.
The most important step to a healthier life is the change to a healthy diet plan. Get more free information so you are able to make better choices.